- ▼Can you help me choose the right frame size?
- For sure! Firstly check out our size guide. If you are in between sizes, on the margins or just moderately confused, feel free to send us an email and we will give you guidance. It's best to include your height, inseam and examples of other bike models and sizes that you've ridden. [Send email]
- ◄Where are Grove bikes made?
- Grove bikes are proudly made in Taichung, a city that’s the heart of Taiwan’s bicycle industry. We’ve been regularly travelling to Taiwan for a decade, both working and riding. The Taiwanese are the world leader in manufacturing high performance frames, particularly when it comes to aluminium. Simply put, Taiwan is the only place we could achieve the consistency of the quality we demand at a price point that we would be willing to pay ourselves.
- ◄What size tyres can the Grove R.A.D fit?
- The R.A.D can fit tyres up to 700x43C or 650Bx53 (27.5x2.1"). There can be some variance between different tyre brands and models claimed vs actual dimensions, plus internal rim width also plays a factor in how wide a tyre is in reality.
We recommend ensuring there is at least 4mm clearance between the tyre and the closest part of the frame or fork. Use of tyres with insufficient clearance may cause damage to the paint, aluminium or carbon fibre on chainstays, seat stays, seat tube or fork. This wear and tear is not covered by warranty.
- ◄Can I fit a front derailleur and 2x crankset on a Grove R.A.D?
- No. The frame is specifically designed about 1x chainrings for a number of reasons. We'll explain them in detail in our Tech Talk blog.
- ◄What size 1x chainrings can the R.A.D frame fit?
- The standard chainring size is a 42T. The frame can fit up to a 46T SRAM 1x chainring. You can also size down as you wish with SRAM 110mm BCD 1x chainrings available in 40T and 38T, plus it's possible to go smaller with a SRAM 6mm offset direct mount MTB 1x chainring.
- ◄Does the R.A.D frameset have mounts for bidon cages, racks, bags or mudguards?
- The R.A.D frame has mounts for 3 bidon cages: One on the seat tube, one under the down tube and two positions (higher & lower) for one cage on the top of the down tube. The mounts on the underside of the down tube are offset away from the chainring by 5mm to provide ample clearance with extra wide bidons, tool kegs or cage bags.
A rear pannier rack can be fitted at the single M5 threads in the dropouts and the hidden M5 threads on the inside of the seat stays.
The R.A.D features mounts for a bolt-on top tube bag. The M5 threads are 64mm spacing (same as a bidon cage mount) and 80mm from the headtube.
Full length mudguards can be fitted using the dropout and crown threads on the fork and by adding the removable seat stay bridge and the BB/Chain stay bridge extension to the frame. More details of these optional accessories to come.
- ◄Can I test ride a Grove R.A.D?
- Yes! We offer demo rides by appointment from Manly on Sydney's Northern Beaches. These demo rides are guided by Dave Musgrove, the R.A.D designer, who will show you some hidden gems around North Head whilst testing the variety of wheel options available on the R.A.D over a wide variety of terrain and surfaces. Group demo rides are welcome. Simply email us to organise a time.
If you're unable to get to Sydney, you can request a demo near you, or take advantage of Grove Bike Co's 21-Day Test Ride which lets you buy with confidence and test a R.A.D on your home trails. If you're not stoked with your bike, simply contact us within 21 days of receiving it and we’ll give you a full refund for the cost of the bike and we’ll cover the return freight. We detail the eligibility requirements in our Returns Policy.
If you have additional questions, please contact us directly.